Creamy Apricot Shrimp Salad
- 1/2 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Pure Patterson Apricot Preserves
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked large shrimp
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 2 small fresh clementine, mandarin or satsuma oranges, sectioned and sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 8 large green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 cups chopped green leaf or romaine lettuce
- WHISK preserves and mayonnaise in small bowl to blend well. Cover and refrigerate.
- BLANCH snow peas 2 minutes in boiling water. Remove from water, cool and pat dry. Cut each snow pea into 3 pieces. Chop shrimp diagonally into small pieces, reserving 8 largest shrimp for garnish.
- MIX sliced shrimp, snow peas, water chestnuts, oranges and onion in large bowl. Toss with apricot mayonnaise. To serve, line each plate with a lettuce leaf. Mound salad on top and garnish with one whole shrimp.
- Also try with DICKINSON'S® Peach Preserves or Purely Fruit® Orange Spreadable Fruit.
Yield: 8 servings