Beef Crostini with Zesty Pepper Spread
- 1 (12 oz.) loaf French baguette
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8.75 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Sweet 'n' Hot Pepper & Onion Relish divided
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound shaved deli-style fully cooked rare roast beef
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Cut bread on a diagonal to make 24 (1/2-inch thick) slices. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Coat both sides generously with cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning after 5 minutes. Leave on baking sheet.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Tear roast beef into 1 to 2 inch pieces, tossing to separate pieces. Add beef and garlic to skillet. Cook 30 to 60 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup relish to coat. Remove from heat.
- STIR cream cheese in small bowl until smooth. Stir in remaining relish until well blended. Spread evenly on warm crostini. Top evenly with beef mixture, making a flat layer. Spoon any relish mixture remaining in skillet over beef. Sprinkle evenly with blue cheese. Bake 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 dozen